Your child will have a great time and will receive quality instruction from our professional staff, PGA Golf Management students and area high school golfers!
Team Not Individual
There is no individual scoring in PGA JLG. The two-player scramble format allows for all participants to feel connected with the team. Strong play is rewarded, while a poor shot does not lose the hole. Players of all skill levels are welcome and will contribute to the team’s success. Every player gets to play in every competition! Each team-vs-team competition in PGA JLG consists of four 9-hole matches. Each 9-hole match is broken down into three 3-hole segments that we call “Flags”. Actual “Flag” stickers are awarded to participants upon capturing a 3-hole point for their team. The stickers are collected by the players throughout the season, and proudly displayed on their PGA JLG bag-tags as a sign of accomplishment.
After the regular-season, City Champions are crowned, All-Star Teams are formed to compete in the advancement phase of PGA JLG. Advancement will take place through Regional competitions which will produce Regional Champions. These Regional Champions will compete in the PGA JLG Championship.
NMSU GC Junior League will accommodate your child’s instructional needs in addition to rule seminars, etiquette and playing opportunities which will be designed around the specific needs of each junior. The cost of the NMSU Junior Golf League will be $200 and will include the following benefits and opportunities:
What PGA JLG Players Receive:
- Team jerseys
- Golf balls
- PGA JLG bag tags
- 4 regular-season league competitions
- Instruction from PGA Professionals, Associates, PGA GM students and qualified high school golfers!
- Team practices
- Opportunity for All-Star Advancement
- Access to the PGA JLG website
“Practice Day” time and day of the week will be determined based on the work best for the majority of the participants. We have a proposed schedule (below). Once we establish our team(s), we will develop a competition schedule.
NMSU GC Junior League Members will also be able to purchase range balls at a 50% discount. Members of the team will also be able to purchase Junior Golf Memberships at a 15% discount.
- June 9: Meet and Greet, Introduce the TEAM and talk about format.
- June 13: 5:30-7:00, Skills Assessment and Development – Meet at the NMSU Driving Range
- June 16: Practice from 2:00-4:00 at NMSU Driving Range.
- June 20: 5:30-7:00, Skills Assessment and Development – Aggie Land
- June 23: Practice from 4:00-6:00 Practice Matches
- June 27: 5:30-7:00, Skills Assessment and Development – Meet at the NMSU Driving Range
- July 8: First Match at NMSU GC 4:00
- July 11: 5:30-7:00, Skills Assessment and Development – Meet at the NMSU Driving Range
- July 15: 2nd Match at Red Hawk GC 4:00
- July 18: 5:30-7:00, Skills Assessment and Development – Meet at the NMSU Driving Range
- July 22: 3rd Match at Sonoma Ranch GC 2:00-4:00
- July 30 & 31: Sun Country Junior League Championship
Season Ending Party: NMSU Banquet Room TBA
Registration is only available online at www.PGAjuniorLeague.com. We cannot accept payment at the course.